Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another Perspective

Hello world
My name's David; I'm Michelle's boyfriend
Some of you may have been wondering why Michelle has stopped updating and commenting. The reason is simple; she has no internet to do so. She'll get back to posting ASAP. In the meantime I thought I'd share some of my thoughts with all of you.

So Michelle and I have been dating 7 months now to the day. We met at camp and decided to date despite the 2.5 hour drive that separated us. Since we are already accustomed to having a long-distance relationship, and since we love each other very much, we decided to stay together and outlast this almost-a-year-long adventure.

As we enter the final ten days before Michelle's departure I am getting excited, concerned, and sad.

I know that this trip will be among the greatest experiences of her life. I know she will be thrilled to be enveloped in a culture that has always fascinated her. I know she will love her host family and that this experience will help mold her future. For these reasons and more, I am excited.

Yet despite this I am both sad and concerned. Though I will have my own gap year plans to help me through this time, I will miss Michelle too much for words to describe. Some days I wish she wasn't going to Taiwan at all, but then I remind myself how important it is to her. Heedless concerns try to support the case against her going to Taiwan. What if her host family is mean? What if she doesn't like it after all? But we already know her host family is nice, and I have no realistic doubt that she will love Taiwan.

Overall I'm still not entirely sure how I feel. It changes on a daily basis.
All I know is that, one way or another, we shall still be together when the dust settles.

5 comments:

  1. whoa i saw this 2 minute after posting , im fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never knew this was a blog about michelle's boyfriend's feelings!!!!! yay!!!! you should just do this from now on, cuz its not like i'd rather hear something travel/rotary related or anything. this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did! :Matt burgos$

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Matthew,

    Pumpkin, I love you. And david says thank you.

    ReplyDelete