Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Culture Fair!

This post will be split into two areas: Pictures and advice on the Culture Fair.

But this post isn't finished. I just really wanted to post some new pictures of myself. (EDIT: It's finished)

Love this picture

Kiwako is the most adorable girl. In the world.






I spent most of my time at her booth. She was the only Japanese and most people went to her booth. She needed the help. Also, every time I'm with her I learn something new; it's really good.

Kiwako had this at her booth.

She also had TONS of food.








Ah France.








I will edit this post later. (DONE)


ADVICE:

You will probably have to do more than one culture fair type thing, therefore, bring a lot of decorations, snacks and candy, and small gifts. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FEW FLAGS OF YOUR COUNTRY!

This is really fun. But it's a lot more fun when you are prepared.

Rotary here gave each country about 15USD. America got about 30 USD because we have more people. However, we're going to have another fair and now the other countries are getting 30 USD and America is getting 60USD. But we have to pay for everything up front and keep the receipts, then we are reimbursed.

This culture fair was really really fun and I'm so happy we get to do it again. 


6 comments:

  1. I was in the American booths.

    But actually I was at the Japanese booth helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    My name is Cassie and I live in Morris, Ny. Just yesterday I found out that I will be going to Taiwan through Rotary Youth Exchange next year. This is very exciting and I hope to learn as much as I possibly can.My dad speaks some Mandarin and he has begun to teach me, but its HARD. I'm sure however, once I am submerged in the culture I will learn quickly!!
    Please contact me with advice, comments, or ANYTHING!!!
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can e-mail me at schwarzhansc@yahoo.com
    Hope to hear!!!
    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cassie

    Wow. I'm so excited that you are going to Taiwan and you found my blog. And I do have a few tips for you. But right now, I am studying for a huge test and working on a huge speech so I can't really answer you as well as I would like to. So do you know your district yet?

    I will write a blog post for you very soon! Just give me some time.

    I'm so happy to meet you,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun!! I was surprised, but I actually really liked the American booth. I feel like out of all of them, it was the most decorated. But that could be because they had the most money. Did the other countries feel jipped because they didn't get as much money??

    And you're taking that Japanese girl home...right? She was ADORABLE. Her booth looked the most "cultured" out of most of them. Maybe because she had that kimono on, or maybe just because she was Japanese. Idk. It makes me miss authentic Nihonjins D:

    ReplyDelete